Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive, Attempted to read or write protected memory

I got the error of death.... I mean we were this close to formatting the machine.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2009
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2009
Event ID: 5719
User: N/A
Description:
There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.XMLReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "XML disassembler" Receive Port: "GetReferenceDelta" URI: "mssql://zz11aazz//My?" Reason: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I thought that the xmlpipeline was broken, so I tried the passthrough...

There was a failure executing the receive pipeline: "Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.PassThruReceive, Microsoft.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines, Version=3.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" Source: "Unknown "
Receive Port: "GetMyDelta" URI: "mssql://server/uri" Reason: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

I can no longer receive ANY messages into BizTalk from SQL...

I tried the file receive, I tried xml and pass-through pipelines, nothing works, and it all fails....

I can no longer receive ANYTHING at ALL into BizTalk.... Error of death...

I looked, I tried updates to the Adapter packs... nothing worked....

I was about to trash my environment and format and start again....

THEN!!! I thought, let me remove all updates I had done to BizTalk, I removed one, and tested, removed one and tested.

Finally finding that..... The offending update was cumulative update 1:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2429050

I removed it, and my BizTalk came back to life..... PHEW!

1 comment:

RamaKrishna Mittapally said...

I got this "Attempted to read or write Protected memory" during the outbound map execution in the BizTalk 2009 Send Pipeline. when i checked the server it had CU1 installed. Then I installed latest BizTalk CU5 on box and everything came back to life and working fine.