Monday, October 25, 2010

Azure Queue Explorer

Having played a great deal with Queues in the past, the opportunity to expand the abilities of a real world solution to use the concept of Queues in the cloud as a great way of doing what Queues do best, hold onto something for someone later on to pick it up, in a managed and ordered fashion.

It seems Azure Queues do just that, and I was so happy that I made a tool that enabled me to manage my Queues:

View and Create Queues
Send and Receive Messages
Peek what messages I Have
Delete Messages from the Queue

I have made this publicly available for all to use and play with, along with the all important source code, it's no trade secret on how to use them, it's just nice to have something ready to go that does it for me.

Check out the link here: Azure Queue Explorer

Source code

No comments: